Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Do'ers Profile: Tom "Matchy" Matchinsky

Matchy is one of those 21st Century fathers who is taking full advantage of the new role of father's, allowing us to be uber-involved in the lives of our children. Matchy is one of the good guys who balances career, family and a boatload of other interests, Upon reflection, I do seem to know a lot of these types of people, don't I?

Home: Edina, MN - a suburb of Minneapolis. Stands for Every Day I Need Attention. Which makes me fit right in on Team Fish.
Age: 33
Profession: Insurance consultant by day, singer by night (and weekend and holiday and whenever it fits)
Hobby: Semi-professional singer
Last Book Read: "The Year of Living Biblically" by AJ Jacobs. It's a non-fiction story of an agnostic man with Jewish heritage who endeavors to live by the rule of the Bible for a year. Very interesting and often funny read. And further proof that people are just plain WEIRD.
Last Accomplishment: God, I hope its not my last but I think becoming a dad has been awfully cool. My son, Luke, is now 19 months old and is turning into an awesome little guy.
Quote: "I drank what?" - Socrates
Profile: If I were a child, I'd be described as "always getting into things". I love to try new stuff. I love adventure. I love to learn new things. But only if they're interesting things. I may come off as a know-it-all on occasion but that's just my way of telling you you're totally wrong. I will always love with my whole heart and not worry about the eventual pain it causes me. I'm curious, like a cat. That's why my friends call me "Freckles". I'd much rather be the top scientist in my field than have Mad Cow. I know the moon is not made of green cheese but if it were made of BBQ spareribs, I'd definitely take a bite.
Why You Support Team Fish: Because Rob is the epitome of putting your money where your mouth is - he's taking this disease on head-on. And because I've lost too many friends and relatives to cancer to count. And because my mom is currently winning her battle against this wicked disease.

Bonus pixxor of Mama Matchy and L'il Matchy. I love this picture -- thanks Tom!

Want to help people spend more time with their loved ones instead of in chemo? CLICK HERE!

No comments: