Friday, August 21, 2009

Do'ers Profile: Mrs. Fish


I have known Mrs. Fish almost half my life. She has been my friend, my girlfriend, my fiance' and my wife and through it all, my best friend. When I was diagnosed, she approached it with the no-nonsense approach that is the Team Fish hallmark: We'll buckle down, toughen up and fight this thing. My prayer for those out there who are fighting this disease is to have a friend, a confidante, and a pillar of support that will help you through. Mine was Mrs. Fish, and I love her more and more deeply than the day I met her: I am blessed.

Home: Wherever my family is.

Age: 44

Profession: I teach elementary kids to learn and work with their differences.

Hobby: Reading.

Last Book Read: So many. Rereading David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice. Hilarious!

Last Accomplishment: Presented at NSA conference this summer.

Quote: "Do one thing everyday that scares you." --Eleanor Roosevelt.

Profile: I once had to use a bathroom in Spain on Good Friday. It looked like a bar, but turned out to be a brothel. I will never forget the look on my father's face when he realized where we were.

Why You Support Team Fish: Team Fish is all about my husband, a cancer survivor whom I love and admire very much. Go Rob!

No comments: