Friday, September 08, 2006

The Waiting is the Hardest Part...

I am trying to keep my mind busy and not dwell on all of the "what ifs..." that come with this kind of territory. The next step is an appointment with Doctor Wenger on Tuesday, so I'll be reading, probably writing, and trying to stay otherwise-occupied until then.

It's been a heck of a week. Going back to work, car breaking down, my computer at work picked up a MAJOR virus...I have not been this happy to see Friday roll around in a long, long time. Frankly, I'm exhausted.

That being said, there is also a great deal for which to be thankful. For example, we have not had a lot of rain in Pennsylvania this summer...until about two weeks ago, when God left the spigot running and we got drenched with the remains of Ernesto. Needless to say, the formerly parched patch of earth that was once my lawn went from sandlot to jungle in about a week. My neighbor, Bob, called me and asked if he could cut my lawn. "YES!" So he came over and cut my grass for me, and all it took was losing a testicle and an ice-cold Yuengling Lager.

No comments: