Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ran Yesterday


I went out yesterday morning and ran a local neighborhood route. I did a simple 5 minute warm-up and then just shuffled through the run. My pace was really slow, but it felt good, again, to get out and be moving. I was still sore from from Monday's (pathetic) workout.

It's going to be a while to get back to "running", but I'm actually more than okay with that. Slow and steady wins the race, I've read. I'm more upset (which is actually too strong a word but the right one escapes me) by my pathetic show of (or lack of a show of) strength on Monday.

...still, cutting myself slack...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell NO!, I'm having none of this. If I'm banned, so be it.

I don't know what your expectations are, but you are an incredibly lucky man on many levels. Not the least being that your prognosis is excellent and it's likely that your cancer will be little more than a bump in the road when compared to what it could have been or what others are faced with at this very moment.

I beleive the word you were looking for was "disappoint(ed)", as in "fail to fulfill the expectations or wishes of". Ironic, huh?

FishrCutB8 said...

Disappointed is exactly the right word. I was hoping for more, but not expecting anything. I got less than I hoped, ending up...disappointed.