Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tri-ing to win

When I was younger, before my sales career, I had the good fortune to work with a lot of students with special needs, both as a counselor and a teacher. In the end, when alll was said and done, they probably ended up teaching me more things than I taught them.

I was pretty impressed with my triathlon experience this year, competing and finishing in less than two hours. The reason I am writing about these two things is because I heard a story the other day about a father who has found the strength to combine his love for his son, who has Cerebral Palsy, with his love of triathlons.

Team Hoyt is one of the most inspirational stories I have seen in a long, long time. It takes a while to download, but it's worth it. Caution: You're probably going to get a little misty-eyed around the 5.45 mark and have to explain it to coworkers. Again, it's worth it.

No comments: