Monday, January 11, 2010

Ankle...

I've been struggling with pretty bad ankle pain for several months now. It would occasionally get a bit better, but never went away entirely, and then it would come back worse. Well, I finally manned-up and went to the doctor. That whole thing about men and doctors...I'm not sure what that is. Hobbling to the bathroom in the morning I could barely walk, so it was time.

It turned out to be achilles bursitis, which is an inflammation of the bursa sac at the back of the heel. There is a small sac of fluid that enables the tendon to slide easily over the bone, but it occasionally becomes inflamed in athletes.

So, it's a month of Physical Therapy and treatments and then, hopefully, I will be able to get back to working out. And running. Because i am getting fat and lazy.

No comments: