Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday....

So, Little Fish and Mrs. Fish are away, leaving me here with the cats. What to do, what to do? After I got home from work, I threw on my running gear for a long overdue run. It felt great to get out and move a bit. A storm was coming up and I got in the door just as it flew through. They were calling for hail, but I didn't see any.

Then I took a quick shower and cooked up my favorite Fish-trash-treat: Spaghetti-Ohs and black beans. There is no typo in there--that's what I had. I like mine with a dash of cumin, some chili powder, hot sauce (Tabasco rocks!) and cayenne pepper. Man, that is some seriously good eating. I highly recommend it. Caveat: I just did a Google search for that and found it nowhere on The Intarwebz. There may be a good reason for that.

I talked with Mom tonight and she continues to do well, baffling doctors. I've said it before--she's just plain tough; you'd have to be out and out stupid to bet against her. Dad is doing well because Mom is doing well. He has been staying with my brother more and more often, which I think helps him to stay grounded, and also not to travel as much.

The wolrd's loudest catbird is sqwaking outside the sliding door to my deck. My cat is looking at it, somewhat curious and also, I suspect, mildly amused. The bird is totally freaking. Weird, like Day of the Animals....


It's just a short matter of time before Teh Bunniez go THARN...I'm going to go make a cup of tea and wait for the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my 13lb cat beat up my 104lb dog to the point he (the dog)had to go to the hospital TWICE! (The cat no longer has claws) The order of the world is seriously off.

Fishmagic said...

I almost took out a squirrel on my bike on Saturday. He survived by less than six inches.