Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Five Things...Number 2

As hard as it may be to believe, especially for those who know me better, I have never broken a bone. I had an ankle problem as a kid; countless sprains, strains and bruises; three knee surgeries; cancer; was run over by a pickup truck while riding my bicycle; and survived being raised by an Irish mother (my friend, Eric, will probably attest to the fact that this was the greatest threat to my streak), all without a single bone being broken.

I've played football, baseball, soccer, run track, played basketball (rolled ankles...ouch), skateboarded, cycled, done triathlons, all without cracking anything. I look back after 41 years and am pretty amazed. I hesitate in even printing this because it is surely the kiss of death for a clavicle or something similar. We'll see.

No comments: