Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Humpty Dumpty's Painting....

Last night I was laying in bed with Mrs. Fish and the dog started to growl and bark. It wasn't sustained or anything, just a periodic, intermittent affair. It was weird, but I thought the cats were probably visiting him in his cage, which always makes him bark. They have a habit of stopping by to say hello, shaking their tails at him from a safe distance and then, when he barks, tearing out of the room just in case he is after them.

So anyway, this went on for about 10 minutes and I decided that was enough. I went in to move the cats out and/or tell him to lie down. Only, there were no cats. Weird. So I told him to lie down, which he did. Five minutes later, I'm lying back down in my bed when I hear a TREMENDOUS CRASH!!!!!!! Murphy's cage is rattling and it sounds like he is in an all out war with something.

I go tearing out of the room to discover that a painting we had hung outside of Little Fish's room, a 4' x 5' framed and glassed piece, had broken loose and fallen to the floor. I really think Murphy was making all that noise because he heard or sensed it giving way (the anchor that attaches the wire to the frame broke). Smart puppy, and I'm glad he was there to "protect" us, especially Little Fish.

No comments: