Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Ready for the Holidays

This weekend I've spent a lot of my time busting my hump to get ready for the holidays. Cleaning the house, battening down the hatches on the deck, putting up lights out front, shopping with Little Fish to get the right gift for the new puppy, and all that jazz. It feels really good to be getting this much done.

Some years are harder because of seasonal affective stuff, and the shorter days bring me down. That being said, this year has been really good. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, but I'm glad I feel as good as I do.

The smell of the Christmas tree behind me is filling up the house. Little Fish made cookies today, too, which adds to the wonderful smells of the holidays. I love it.

1 comment:

Fishmagic said...

Christmas prep hasn't been too bad here either, but I still look forward to boxing day. : )