Friday, October 13, 2006

Slow and Steady...

...wins the race. I'm wrapping up my first full week of radiation treatments today. I am tired, and somewhat nauseous, but otherwise okay. I leave work, get treated go home and take a nap for about half-an-hour to forty-five minutes.

I am eating normally for breakfast and lunch, and midmorning and midafternoon snacks. Dinner hasn't been great for me, but I'm still trying to get something in at night. Had pizza last night because I had a craving for salt. It really hit the spot. I have lost about 13 pounds since the whole ordeal began, and am now at 190, which isn't bad (I'm 6 feet, so I'm almost at my fighting weight...Bernard Hopkins, BEWARE!). I'm not going to recommend this as a way to lose weight, but it has to be better than starving yourself to death(check out the woman on the magazine cover...UNCONSCIONABLE, as Cassandra and Lou pointed out!).

Everything is healing from the bike crash. The road rash has all but disappeared, exept for three holes where I must have hit rocks when I landed. They left two holes in my forearm and one on my thigh. I'm still stiff in my left calf, and there is bruising all up and down my left side (doesn't hurt, though...or perhaps it's just relative), but otherwise I am good. Took my bike to the shop, and while he couldn't declare it totalled, he did say the damage would adversely affect the handling of the bike, and that it was not repairable. We shall see how that goes with insurance...

I still have another week and a half to go with the radiation, but the end is in sight. Thanks again for your thoughts, well-wishes, phone calls, e-mails, PMs, and especially prayers. They are very much appreciated.

2 comments:

hardrox said...

Fish - Glad to hear you've made it thru the first week without significant side effects. I hope the same holds true for the remainder of the treatments.

Any word if charges have been brought up against the truck driver? Is his insurance picking up the tab for any of this?

FishrCutB8 said...

Still waiting to hear, but the police said they werte going ot press charges. I suspect it will be another couple of weeks...