Monday, November 19, 2007

Woke Up This Morning...

I woke up extra early today to go for a run and there was snow on the ground. It's the third snow I have seen, and this is the first snow to stick. It's little more than a dusting, honestly, but just enough to make a run in the dark an exercise in stupidity. I wrote off the run.

All-in-all, it was a really good weekend. I went shopping with Mrs. Fish while Little Fish went to a movie (Mr. Magorium...she panned it. It's pretty wild to hear a nine year-old with a critic's voice). I spent a lot of time with Little Fish this weekend, just hanging out, doing projects and having fun. I showed her how to make a fort. She was mightily impressed. Then I put a light in it and she was blown away. We spent a couple of hours in there reading about dragons and hanging out.

We also watched Ratatouille, then she helped me make soup. Ratatouille got a big thumbs up in her review and in mine. If you have kids and you didn't see it, make a point of it. The soup was wonderful too. Just when I thought the weekend couldn't get any better, I decided to go all in and make my chili. I don't make it a lot because I am the only one who eats it, really. I paired it with a brown rice and a red wine...delicious.

Add to that the fact that I made it to Men's Bible Study (Romans 14...a good reminder) after about six weeks away and the weekend was just about perfect. If only I had found some time to ride...perhaps next weekend.

No comments: