Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Raleigh Time

Random thoughts on my club ride last night.

Starting at the B Level: Last year I worked my way up to B rides (16-18+ mph). Even with a layoff in the winter, I was able to start there this year. And, I am pulling at the front more than most, and find myself with strength at the end. Sweet.

Attacking: Some guys like to jump out and attack, just for fun. I'm getting better at anticipating when that will come and how it will happen, so I can get myself in positon to go with them. It also means I can throw in a random one of my own, like on the third of four rolling hills when everyone was wiped last night. I came from the back and just blew by everyone while they were trying to hump it up the hill...my best attack ever.

Finishing: No matter how strong you are, there is always someone faster and stronger in the group. I was rolling at the end of the ride, and I thought I was free and clear to finish. This guy just comes up flying past me like I was on a tricycle...humbling.

Water, water everywhere...drink water all day, everyday. I was not properly fluidated (just made a new word!). By the end of the ride, I was feeling it.

All-in-all, it was really good ride.

2 comments:

Redlefty said...

Impressive! Now go and make sure you're properly hydraterized next time.

FishrCutB8 said...

Indeed. Thanks for the hint...and the vocab lesson!