Sunday, November 06, 2016

Ruh-Roh! I Think We Have a Problem

I noticed a strong gas smell when I walked into the garage last night. My first thought was that it was coming from the Ducati. A quick sniff-test and closer inspection revealed what I feared. There was gasoline on the side of the bike, and it appeared it was dripping down from behind the fairing onto the frame.

Now, I am no expert, but I know enough to know that leaking fuel on a motorcycle engine (or any engine, really) is NOT a good thing. Let's just say we'd like to avoid any infernal entanglements. 

I took the seats off and it appears the culprit appears to be where this hose goes into the fuel tank. 

Again, not being a mechanic, I went to the trusty, rusty Intarwebz and found that this is the fuel sensor. And, apparently, this leak is a not-uncommon problem for the Multistrada

Now, it's off to the Intarwebz to see what's to be done...

No comments: