Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Big Week

Yesterday, I got on my bicycle for the first time since probably Fall. I say probably because it has been so long, I honestly can't remember the last time I rode. The Physical Therapist greenlighted me to get back on board my bike a week and a half ago and I finally made the time. I would love to tell you about the roads, the traffic, the wind in my hair, the crispness of the day, but it was raining pretty much all day, so I rode on Sunday night...on the trainer. Clearly, this is not the kind of ride I had in mind, but the fact that I was in the saddle, pedaling, was a really good sign. I even had a little leg soreness when I woke up, but nothing debilitating.

The cool thing is that I am going to run/jog/walk some intervals tomorrow. I have missed being in motion for so long, I am beyond happy. The hardest part for me has been listening to the doctors/therapists and taking things slllloooooowwwwllllly. Hopefully I am wise enough (God knows I am old enough) to listen to that advice. Still, it has its frustrations, to be sure.

No comments: