Sunday, October 28, 2007

General Stuff

WORKING OUT

Okay, so here's the deal. It's going to be a while longer before I can really start doing anything regularly. If I wake up extra early, I go into work so i can get a start on my day. If I get time in the evening, I'd rather spend it with Mrs. Fish and Little Fish right now. So, it's going to be a while, until things settle down a bit, before I start "training"...until then, I'll run, bike, swim when I feel like it, and refuse to feel guilty when I can't.

There. I said it.


HALLOWEEN

I went trick-or-treating with Little Fish on Thursday. She grabbed a clipboard, a skirt and turtle neck, pulled her hair back in a ponytail, threw on a pair of glasses and declared herself a teacher. When she went up to the houses, adults tried, in that adult way, to guess what she was. A librarian? A scientist? A doctor? I don't think any adults got it right. So we're walking, and this little five-year-old turns around, looks at Little Fish and says to her friend, "Look! A teacher!" It reminded me of the exasperation of the Little Prince when he showed people his drawing of a snake eating an elephant, and every adult thought it was a hat.

It was a blast listening to her sing "Does Your Bag Hang Low?" while she struggled with this year's take. She did very well. The other funny was when I stopped to talk to a friend when we were trick-or-treating. Little Fish came up to me and said, "Come on DAD! Time is CANDY!" I lost it.

Bonus: I take a tax every year for guiding her on her journey. This was a VERY good year for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

No comments: