Wednesday, March 22, 2006

When you pray...

...say a word for the people of Belarus. They have begun a revolution, of sorts, and there is no telling how or when it will end. After fixed elections (old-school Soviet style) the people have begun taking to the streets.
It is a frigid, risky vigil, given the Belarussian weather and the government's history of reflexive brutality against those who dare to stand and call for better lives than Mr. Lukashenko's island of Soviet nostalgia and corruption has been able, or willing, to provide.

This story gives a good overview of the situation. Many of you know about the people I met during my stay there. You can read more about my trip HERE.

2 comments:

hardrox said...

Fish, are you planning to return there again this year?

FishrCutB8 said...

I was, but there was no way I could make it work. That being said, I've begun planning already for next year. With God's grace...